Online registration is now closed but you can still sign up the morning of the event!
If you are competing in the Beer Challenge 5k or if you wish to have your free post-race beer you must bring a valid ID to registration and wear your 21+ identifying wristband throughout the entirety of the event.
You wont want to miss the 5th annual Brat Trot through Terre Haute's historical brewing district hosted by the Immanuel Lutheran Church!
The Brat Trot has 2 awesome 5k races (the beer challenge 5k and regular 5k) and a 1 mile fun run for you to choose from!
If you would like a mail in registration please follow this link to access and print off a mail in form: Brat Trot Mail In Form
The main event is the Beer Challenge where participants will run our 1 mile loop course through the brewing district. At each lap you must consume a 4 ounce shot glass of beer and have the volunteer place a check mark on your bib# before continuing on to your next lap. After 3 laps you will then cross the finish line and should have consumed a total of 12 ounces / 1 beer! All beer will be provided by the Terre Haute Brewing Company!
Parking will be located at the Vigo County Library's Parking lot. Please park in the back of the parking lot so you do not interfere with those attending the Library. 1 Library Square, Terre Haute, IN 47807Beer Challenge Rules
- You must be 21+ to participate. (IDs will be checked and participants in this race will receive a different bib# / non-removable bracelet)
- No ID no race
- If you do not wear your bib# and/or do not have your 21+ identifying bracelet you also
will not be allowed to participate
- No strollers are allowed in this event. Strollers are allowed in the non-beer Brat Trot
- In order to be eligible for awards you must consume all 3 of the 4 ounce beers and have a volunteer place a check mark on your bib# for each lap/beer. (You definitely do not have to consume all 3 drinks. Feel free to skip one if you do not want it. You just will not be eligible for awards.)
- You can only consume 1 drink per lap
We also will have a non-beer Brat Trot 5k with all of the fun but none of the course beer. This event is open to all ages. You will still compete 3 laps of our 1 mile course for your 5k and we will also have post-race awards for this event. All Participants Will Receive
- An awesome Brat Trot 5k race t-shirt*
- A custom race bib#
- 1 free post-race beer (participants 21 & Over)**
- 1 free Brat
- Post-race refreshments
- A total of 4 timing splits so you know your split for each mile
There will be a $5 price increase for race day registrations.
* You must register by Oct. 10th to be guaranteed a race shirt
** You must have a photo ID for proof of age to compete in the Beer Challenge & and/or for a post race beer.
Participants in the Brat Trot 5k & Beer Challenge 5k are Eligible for:
- Post race Beer Stein (Top 3 overall Males and Females both races)
- Bottle Opener Awards (Top 3 in age groups, male/female split for BOTH RACES; Brat Trot 5k and Beer Challenge 5k)
7:00 a.m. - Packet Pickup / Race Day Registration Opens (All Races)
8:30 a.m. - Brat Trot 5k - Packet Pickup / Race Day Registration closes
9:00 a.m. - Brat Trot 5k Start
9:01 a.m. - 1 Mile Fun Run Start
9:30 a.m. - Beer Challenge - Packet Pickup / Race Day Registration closes
10:00 a.m. - Beer Challenge 5k Start
10:15 a.m. - Brat Trot 5k Award Ceremony
11:15 a.m. - Beer Challenge Award Ceremony
Thank You To Our Event Sponsors For Helping Make This Event Possible!
Luttrell Family Dentistry
Race Timing and Results Provided By:Crossroads Events and Timinghttps://www.crossroadseventsandtiming.com/